GaN Foundry Services
Wolfspeed's Foundry Services turn your designs into a faster, more reliable reality. As leaders in GaN-on-SiC MMIC technology, we have the design assistance, testing and support to realize your specifications from initial development to recurring production. Plus, we can do it with faster cycle times, higher first-pass design success and greater reliability than any competitor.†
- World’s largest dedicated, commercial, WBG-production-device facility
- 100-mm production line
- RF MMIC on-wafer probe / dice
- Microwave reliability labs
- RF applications support
† Based on publicly available competitor data and customer feedback.
GaN HEMT MMIC Processes
Wolfspeed offers two Foundry service options for GaN die design:
- Customer creates design and layout. Completed artwork is submitted to Wolfspeed for fabrication.
- Customer engages Wolfspeed design services to create custom die design & layout per customer specifications.
Process Design Kits (PDKs) and ModelsContact Us for Process Qualification Reports
Wolfspeed has the tools to test your designs and accelerate production.
Wolfspeed offers non-linear, scalable GaN HEMT models for MMICs, as well as full PDKs for Keysight Technologies' Advanced Design System (ADS) and AWR Microwave Office (MWO).
- Wolfspeed's scalable non-linear model
- All passives created with Wolfspeed design rules
- Full schematic-driven layout
- Real time design rule-checking
Wolfspeed fabricates a fully custom wafer run containing the customer’s exclusive die designs. The entire reticle is available for the customer MMIC or discrete device content. Diced, PCM-good wafers are delivered.
- Custom designs
- DRC, layout, and model support
- DC/RF on-wafer testing optional
- Production mask and wafer quantities available
Wolfspeed offers shared mask service with reduced cost and MMIC size, providing multiple customers the opportunity to get their MMIC designs fabricated faster.
- 5G infrastructure
- Satellite communications
- Ultra-wide band EW
- Two-way private radio
- Test instrumentation
- Broadband amplifiers
- EW jammers
- Class A, AB, linear amplifiers suitable with OFDM, QPSK, QAM, FM waveforms
- Military communications
- NI AWR Design Environment (Microwave Office) and Keysight Technologies’ ADS process design kits
- Layout support and DRC
- Development lots in dedicated and shared mask options
- Electrical test services available
- Visual screening
- Delivery in gel packs or tape frames
- SMS pizza mask service
- High-power FET amplifiers
- Broadband amplifiers
- High-efficiency amplifiers
- High IP3 amplifiers
- Multi-function integrated MMICs
- FET limiters
- High-power FET switches
- High-IP3 FET mixers
- Phase shifters
- Low-noise amplifiers
Online Foundry Training
The Wolfspeed Foundry offers a free, in-depth online training for RF Microwave engineers who want to learn how to design in the Wolfspeed FAB. Basic knowledge of MMIC design and experience using Microwave Office (MWO) or Advanced Design System (ADS) is required.
This training will offer RF Microwave engineers the opportunity to:
- Learn how to best utilize the PDK
- Explore HEMT and passive device models
- Understand the proper steps in designing a MMIC or HEMT
- Follow proper procedures for submitting a design into the FAB
Wolfspeed has achieved Category 1A trusted-foundry status through certification from the Defense MicroElectronics Activity (DMEA).
Additionally, Wolfspeed has been assessed by the Department of Defense (DoD) to Manufacturing Readiness Level 8 and higher. We have the proven manufacturing and statistical process control in place to enable quick and reliable turnaround times.
Wolfspeed respects your privacy. Read our privacy statement concerning the limitations on Wolfspeed's use and disclosure of your information.
Note: If you are receiving error messages regarding the above security field, the issue might be related to whether or not your web browser accepts third-party cookies. As an alternative to using this form, you can send email to Wolfspeed at email@example.com.