Wolfspeed 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes: Proven performance built to support future technological innovations
Wolfspeed’s new line of 650V SiC MOSFETS, which incorporate the latest third-generation C3M silicon carbide (SiC) technology, join its established family of industry-leading sixth-generation C6D Schottky diodes, to deliver today’s design engineer exceptional performance, reliability, and efficiency.
The many advantages of silicon carbide
Wolfspeed Silicon Carbide wide-bandgap semiconductors outperform conventional silicon (Si) components and set new standards for efficiency and reliability in application areas across several industry verticals, including automotive and transportation, industrial, renewable energy, test and measurement, aerospace, and more.
Compared to traditional materials like silicon and even gallium nitride (GaN), Silicon Carbide has higher thermal conductivity and significantly lower losses. And while other materials must scale more quickly to handle higher voltages (leading to increased size and costs), Silicon Carbide is the epitome of “doing more with less” — keeping size, weight, and costs down. Silicon Carbide also offers avalanche ruggedness to avoid catastrophic failures and maintain its high reliability even in overstress conditions.
Peak performance with Wolfspeed
Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFETs and Schottky diodes are the result of years of research and development into building the highest-performing Silicon Carbide semiconductors in the industry. Wolfspeed Silicon Carbide products enable the lowest conduction losses in the industry and provide fast switching speeds with low losses that reduce the size of external components.
A closer look at Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes
Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes can withstand even the most demanding of applications. When you compare Wolfspeed solutions to other offerings on the market — well, there simply is no comparison:
Wolfspeed 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes pack an impressive list of features to drive this level of performance:
Wolfspeed 650V SiC MOSFET vs. silicon 650V MOSFET
- 1/2 the conduction losses
- 4,000% lower body diode reverse-recovery charge
- 75% × lower switching losses, enabling higher efficiencies at higher frequencies
- Up to 3 × greater power density
- Superior thermal performance
Wolfspeed 650V SiC MOSFET vs. GaN 650V MOSFET
- Over 1/2 the conduction losses
- Only industry-standard packages
- Robust gate drive
- Field-proven reliability
- Avalanche capability
Wolfspeed 650V SiC MOSFET vs. competitors’ 650V SiC MOSFET
- Industry’s lowest on-resistance increase over operating temperature
- Low output capacitance
- High switching frequency
- Easy to drive
650V SiC Schottky Diode Features
- Lowest forward voltage (Vf) drop over temperature in the industry
- Zero reverse-recovery charge (Qrr) for ultra-fast switching operations
- Robust MPS technology with high surge capability
- High reverse-voltage blocking capability
- Direct drop-in replacement for current silicon diodes and other silicon carbide diodes
When Performance Matters, Choose Wolfspeed
Wolfspeed is the world’s premier manufacturer of Silicon Carbide solutions. Since creating the first SiC MOSFET nearly a decade ago, Wolfspeed has been laser-focused on building the Silicon Carbide products that are up to the challenges of modern industry — and this new 650V line is just that. Wolfspeed’s Silicon Carbide solutions have enabled a new generation of technologies that were otherwise previously considered impossible.
- Wolfspeed invented the SiC MOSFET in 2011
Wolfspeed is investing for the future
- Wolfspeed is investing a billion dollars to expand our silicon carbide capacity to 30x greater production.
17+ years of MOSFET and Diode production
- Wolfspeed has served thousands of customers with millions of MOSFETs and Diodes
Focused development and customer support
- Wolfspeed focuses all its resources on developing Silicon Carbide capacity, devices, and packages, as well as on providing superior applications support. Simply put, SiC is what we do.
650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes — Designed for the Future
Today’s technologies require outstanding performance. The 650V line of MOSFETs and Diodes from Wolfspeed are designed to stand up to even the most demanding of applications, where clean, reliable power is essential for success. 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes are ideal for the following applications:
Reference Designs and Products
The launch portfolio for Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFET family includes a variety of solutions to meet the demands of your design. They include:
Blocking Voltage (V)
at 25°C (mΩ)
at 25°C (A)
The portfolio for Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC Diodes includes:
Explore Wolfspeed’s 650V SiC MOSFETs and Diodes, companion parts, and reference designs to learn more about how SiC technology can improve your designs
Available for Purchase
AC to DC
Paper Design Only
Available for Purchase