Wolfspeed Transforms Power Industry to Drive SiC Adoption at PCIM Europe 20195/7/2019
DURHAM, N.C., May 7, 2019 – Wolfspeed, A Cree Company (Nasdaq: CREE), introduced a new, fully-integrated product portfolio which includes bare die, discrete and modules at PCIM Europe 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany. The end-to-end components are optimized for the electric vehicle, industrial and renewable energy applications, and offer design engineers the greatest flexibility in leveraging SiC to achieve the highest power density in high power applications.
This extensive portfolio solidifies Wolfspeed’s position as a powerhouse semiconductor company that is committed to driving the mass adoption of silicon carbide (SiC).
Wolfspeed’s Expanded Product Portfolio includes:
- CPM3 Bare Die: With the launch of its 13mΩ and 16mΩ bare die, Wolfspeed now has the largest and most powerful SiC MOSFET bare die in the market. These industry-leading bare die enable smaller footprint systems and reduce the length of interconnections between the chips, resulting in minimized switching latency and electrical noise.
- C3M MOSFETs: Once again pushing the boundaries of SiC technology, Wolfspeed introduces the highest current SiC MOSFET’s in the industry which enables a breakthrough in higher power system design. Expanding its 3rd generation 1200V platform with die from 13mO through to package devices at 75mO, the most comprehensive portfolio in the market offers end users maximum current capability and high frequency switching optimization for highest power, efficiency and power density.
- C6D Gen 6 Diode: Expanding on its commanding SiC Schottky diode portfolio Wolfspeed introduces its latest Generation 6 portfolio at 650V. Optimized with reduced forward volt drop (Vf) gives lower device conduction loss, and therefore, industry-leading system efficiencies in applications such as Telecom SMPS and enterprise PFC circuits.
- XM3 Power Module:The industry’s first commercial module half bridge footprint truly designed for SiC is the newest addition to Wolfspeed’s portfolio and will be commercially released June 1,2019. The XM3 is optimized for SiC MOSFETs in a high-density, low-inductance footprint, delivering excellent electrical, thermal and reliability performance while reducing system failure and enhancing power cycling capability.
“Wolfspeed is at the forefront of innovation and leading the power industry’s transition from silicon to silicon carbide,” said Cengiz Balkas, SVP and general manager of Wolfspeed. “With this expanded portfolio, we are excited to offer our customers a broader portfolio of bare die, MOSFETs, diodes and power modules to give them industry-leading efficiency, switching rates and power density, resulting in significant system level value.”
In addition to the new product portfolio, Wolfspeed will also feature a full-scale charging station and the following product demonstrations in booth #9-240 at PCIM from May 7 – 9, 2019:
- 6.6 kW 1MHz DC/DC Converter
- 2.2 kW Totem Pole PFC
- 6.6 kW High Density On-Board Charger
- 300 kW Three Phase Inverter
- 150 kW DBT Fast Charger
To learn more about Wolfspeed’s expanded portfolio and presence at PCIM, please visit: http://go.wolfspeed.com/pcim-2019.
Cree is an innovator of Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors, lighting class LEDs and lighting products. Cree’s Wolfspeed product families include SiC materials, power-switching devices and RF devices targeted for applications such as electric vehicles, fast charging, inverters, power supplies, telecom and military and aerospace. Cree’s LED product families include blue and green LED chips, high-brightness LEDs and lighting-class power LEDs targeted for indoor and outdoor lighting, video displays, transportation and electronic signs and signals. Cree’s LED lighting systems and lamps serve indoor and outdoor applications.
Cree® and Wolfspeed® are registered trademarks of Cree, Inc.
# # #