- Portable power stations
- Back-Up power systems
5kW high efficiency, high power, pure sine wave output DC to AC converter
This reference design demonstrates the application of Wolfspeeds 650V C3M™ SiC MOSFETs to create a 5kW High Efficiency DC/AC converter for portable power stations. This design is compatible with a 70-120V DC battery allowing it to power standard 120V/240V, 50Hz/60Hz AC equipment. The optimized inverter and firmware design allows the system to provide a peak power of up to 10kW needed at start up. The use of 650V C3M™ 15mOhm SiC MOSFET’s in a TO-247-4 enables high frequency operation while delivering low switching and conduction losses required for efficient, lighter and portable power stations. The design is fully protected with overvoltage and short circuit protection.
The design accomplishes
- Peak efficiencies of >94%
- Power densities of 2kW/L
This reference design is offered through our partners Telcodium, with joint applications support from Wolfspeed. Learn more about the design at Telcodium.com.
- Input Voltage : 69.5V-117.6 DC
- Output Voltage : 120V/240V AC
- Output Power : 5kW nominal, 10kW peak
- Multiphase Boost converter for low current ripple
- Transformer-less inverter design enables high power density
- Product Datasheet
- Block Diagram
- Evaluation Tools & Support