- High blocking voltage with industry leading low RDS(on) over temperature stability
- Fast intrinsic diode with low reverse recovery charge (Qrr)
- High-speed switching with low output capacitance
- Low conduction losses over temperature
- Avalanche ruggedness
1200 V Bare Die Silicon Carbide MOSFETs – Gen 3
Wolfspeed offers a family of 1200 V Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFETs that are optimized for use in high power applications such as Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS); motor drives; switched-mode power supplies; solar and energy storage systems; electric vehicle charging; high-voltage DC/DC converters; and more.
Based on the latest 3rd generation technology; Wolfspeed’s 1200 V Silicon Carbide MOSFETs include a range of on-resistance and package options that enable designers to select the right part for their applications. The 1200V MOSFETs are designed for ultra-low RDS(ON) and increased CGS/CGD ratio for improved hard-switching performance. Soft-switching applications can also benefit from the more linear COSS behavior.
Pairing Wolfspeed’s 1200 V SiC diodes with SiC MOSFETs creates a powerful combination of higher efficiency in demanding applications. The efficiency gained by moving from a silicon-based solution to silicon carbide can help reduce system size; weight; design complexity; and cost in most high-power applications.
A range of top side and back side metallization options and die layouts provide flexibility to module designers in choice of assembly process and module layout.
RDS(ON) at 25°C
Gate Charge Total
Reverse Recovery Charge (Qrr)
Reverse Recovery Time (Trr)
Maximum Junction Temperature
Recommended For New Design?
- Improves system efficiency with lower switching loss
- Reduces system size; weight; and cooling requirements
- Increased power density
- Easy to parallel and compatible with standard gate drive design
- Solid State Circuit Breakers
- Renewable Energy Inverters
- High voltage DC/DC converters
- Switch-Mode Power Supplies
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS)
- High Performance Welding Power Supplies
- Auxiliary power supplies for High Voltage Systems
- Technical & Sales Documents
- Tools & Support
[Design only; boards no longer available]
|Articles and Papers|
New Innovations Revolutionize Power Conversion for EVs