Wolfspeed introduces its latest C3MTM Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFET technology in die form. This new device is capable of 1000V blocking voltage across the entire operating temperature range; thereby greatly reducing derating requirements. C3M MOSFET die can be configured in parallel to achieve higher current handling capability or can be connected in series to achieve higher blocking capability. Unlike silicon MOSFETs; Wolfspeed C3M SiC MOSFETs include a fast intrinsic diode with low reverse recovery (Qrr) – eliminating the need for external anti-parallel diodes. Unlike silicon IGBTs; they include avalanche capability and enable operation at higher switching frequencies; which shrinks the size of the resonant tank elements and decreases overall size; weight; and cost of the system.
• Minimum of 1kV Vbr across entire operating temperature range (Reduce or eliminate derating)
• High-speed switching with low output capacitance
• High blocking voltage with low RDS(on)
• Avalanche ruggedness
• Fast intrinsic diode with low reverse recovery (Qrr)
• Easy to parallel and simple to drive
RDS(ON) at 25°C
Gate Charge Total
Recommended For New Design?
- Technical & Sales Documents